Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Crystal Ball 2013 - The Future

Edit: Transcript at http://bit.ly/J2Cb6o 

Next chat is January 9, 2014! 

Crystal Ball 2013: What's the Future Hold?
Thursday, December 18, 2013
9:00 pm Eastern/6:00 pm Pacific time
#medlibs Twitter chat

Never participated in a Twitter #medlibs chat before? Check out this overview and come on in, we're a supportive community.

This year has brought a profound amount of professional change for me (Nikki Dettmar @eagledawg) as I hit the 5 year mark for my library career. In my own crystal ball I realized I wasn't getting any younger, my passion and vision for online learning was growing stronger, and this fall I hauled myself back to grad school to start a second Masters in Learning Technologies. Today I started a new part time job as an evaluation librarian where I'll be able to put much of what I'm learning to immediate use. Why would I subject myself to this much insanity at once? Because I can easily envision a future that doesn't quite exist integrating librarianship and information resources with instructional design in online learning, and want to work towards making it become a reality.

Let's get together Thursday night and discuss what you see in the crystal ball for 2014 and beyond -


Happy last chat of 2013, enjoy a happy and safe holiday season, and I look forward to starting#medlibs chats up again on January 9, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment