Edit: Transcript available at http://bit.ly/11EYYwo
At the 2013 CHLA/ABSC (Canadian Health Libraries Association) Conference in Saskatoon, the delegates tried a new type of discussion forum called a fishbowl. The main question that we sought to answer was: “What is the Future of Health Librarianship?” See the recap: http://www.chla-absc.ca/node/1258
Here are the #medlibs directions for our Thursday May 30th at 6pm PST (9pm EST)
- Where are we going in health librarianship? and how are we going to get there?
- Many of our colleagues are facing budget cutbacks and library closures; so what will become of the one-librarian hospital library?
- Both UBC and McGill in Canada are closing (or contemplating the closure of) medical libraries.
- Let us know what you think are the biggest threats / opportunities for health librarians in the next few years.
- Join us for this inspired tweet chat (sure to be spirited) about the future of our field...