New Year, New Job Directions?
Thursday, January 16, 2014
9:00 pm Eastern/6:00 pm Pacific time
#medlibs Twitter chat
Never participated in a Twitter chat before? Check out this overview and come on in, we're a supportive community!
Join Heather Holmes (@LaMedBoheme73) and Michelle Kraft (@Krafty) for this week's #medlibs talk as we discuss all good things related to jobs, such as: looking for a new job, preparations to move (yourself, your family, etc), learning or brushing up on skills, transitioning to a new position in the same institution, or transitioning to a related but totally different position. What are some of the positive reasons you are looking for or have accepted a new position or are seeking new skills and abilities? This won't be a rant session, we want it to be a positive and constructive discussion so please join us and spread the word - we'd love to welcome library students and others interested in learning more about the field!
Some resources to consider:
- The I Need a Librarian Job eResource center - http://inalj.com/
- Career motives of library students - http://scholarworks.gsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1026&context=univ_lib_facpub
- Career strategies - http://www.liscareer.com/walker_lateral.htm
- Librarian career ladder - http://www.aallnet.org/main-menu/Publications/spectrum/Archives/Vol-11/pub_sp0609/pub-sp0609-career.pdf
- April 9, 2013 - So You Want To Be a Medical Librarian? #medlibs chat (additional resources)