Research 101 Research
Thursday, September 19, 2013
9:00 pm Eastern/6:00 pm Pacific time
#medlibs Twitter chat
First Twitter chat and not sure what to do? Here's a Quick Guide to Twitter Chats to help!
In December, Heather Holmes (@LaMedBoheme73) will be conducting the MLA webinar on Research 101 and welcomes your thoughts and perspectives during this #medlibs chat.
What is important to medical librarians in terms of research? The webcast will be 90 minutes and outline Heather is considering includes
- Define research (versus quality improvement which may be more relevant to hospital librarians)
- How to ask an answerable question (something often harder for librarians to do than we care to admit)
- Study methods (also relevant to QI projects)
- How these areas matter in light of the changing healthcare setting, particularly the Affordable Care Act
- How to demonstrate value...which no longer means producing stats of how many literature searches were done or ILLs filled...but rather how is the library saving the institution money while improving patient outcomes